The Global Ebook Industry Is Growing: How Well Do Ebooks Sell?
- Ultimate Business Launch Checklist
- 100+ Easy Business Ideas Catalogue
- How to Start a Business in 15mins a Day
- 1395+ Micro-Influencers List
- 25x Free Marketing Ideas
- 100x Blog Title Ideas Template
- 14 Day Free Trial Of Shopify
- + 4 Other Resources...
^Instant download! You will be added to our mailing list to learn how to make money online. You can opt out anytime.
How Well Do Ebooks Sell?
The vast majority of Startup Streams businesses for sale focus on selling ebooks. Ebooks are electronic books which can be read on most devices with a screen such as you laptop, tablet or smartphone.
One of the most asked questions we get at Startup Streams is “Do ebooks actually sell”? The answer is a resounding YES! Not only that, but the ebook industry is on the rise, and is expected to do so for quite some time.
Ebook selling figures, according to Statista:
- Revenue in the eBooks segment is projected to reach US$17,036m in 2022.
- Revenue is expected to show an annual growth rate (CAGR 2022-2026) of 2.35%, resulting in a projected market volume of US$18,693m by 2026.
- In the eBooks segment, the number of readers is expected to amount to 1,182.8m users by 2026.
- User penetration will be 14.2% in 2022 and is expected to hit 15.0% by 2026.
- The average revenue per user (ARPU) is expected to amount to US$15.75.
- In global comparison, most revenue will be generated in the United States (US$6,397m in 2022).
Why are ebooks so popular?
It is apparent that people do and will continue to purchase ebooks for the ease of acquiring information. We speculate that the trend shall continue for time to come due to the ease at acquiring a compatible device to read an ebook on, whilst the price of said devises decrease allowing more people to take advantage of reading ebooks over standard paperback books.
Ebooks are easy to take with you, suitable for commuter and global travel, whilst providing a more environmentally friendly option. What’s more, storage space on ebook devices is also increasing. The first generation of the Amazon Kindle could hold 1400 ebooks, whilst the newer Kindle Touch can hold up to 3000 ebooks!
Why sell ebooks?
There are many benefits to selling digital products. Namely; borderless commerce, daily paydays, zero stock, 100% automatic fulfilment and negligible customer contact. You don't need to manage stock or worry about shipping internationally as customers get their ebook instantly after purchase. We believe that selling ebooks is perfect for first time entrepreneurs.
Make the most of this ebook selling trend by starting up a pre-made ecommerce business with Startup Streams. 35 of the most popular niches are available for you to own and sell from today.