Social Media Competitions: Terms and Conditions
- Sponsored by Startup Streams Ltd, 160 Kemp House, City Road, London, EC1V 2NX.
- Agreement to rules: By entering the competition, the contestant ("You") agree to comply with and abide by these rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the Sponsor's decisions as final and binding as it relates to the content of this campaign. Entrants should look solely to the Sponsor with any questions, comments or issues related to the competition.
- Start and end date: Please refer to the individual competition for start and end dates. Timings refer to GMT (UK time zone).
- How to enter: Please refer to individual competitions. Entry methods differ from competition and exact entry methods are displayed on each competition.
- Entry restrictions: Entrants must be from the UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Ireland, South Africa and the EU. All competition entrants must be aged 18+.
- Prize details: You will need to pay $29/month to Shopify to activate a prize/store/business and $14/year per domain. Please refer to each individual competition for competition prize details. One prize per competition unless stated otherwise. The domain name and store name are unique. All other assets are not unless stated otherwise. As a Shopify Partner, Startup Streams is an affiliate of Shopify and materials may contain affiliate links. Any entrant should conduct due diligence into the business prize before entering. Products included to sell have not been written by Startup Streams, rather by a a topic specialist / researcher where the re-sell rights of the ebook have been bought. Startup Streams has however designed the ebook to create a beautiful looking ebook and matching website for your customers to purchase, but the content may be available elsewhere online as the re-sell rights are non exclusive to us. Of course, these re-sell rights will be passed on to the winner. You are not needed to pay royalties in selling included products. Strictly, you can only sell the included products on the store provided. Strictly, you can not duplicate and/or re-sell this store in any way or form. Sales will not work on the website until the winning bidder adds their payment details to Shopify to start taking payment. Startup Streams does not accept responsibility for ill working websites, products or business. All prizes come as is and are not open to customisations by Startup Streams. Startup Streams does not guarantee marketing support or sales with any business provided. Startup Streams does not provide any support with any prize.
- No purchase is required for the prize, however running costs for the businesses stated as competition prizes are not included, so you will need to pay $29/month to Shopify when you wish to activate a business supplied by us. At the time of writing, Shopify allows you to pause or cancel your store membership. The domain cost shall also be needed to be paid at $14 a year. The domain name can be transferred away from Shopify to another provider at the discretion of the winner. Any and all prize related expenses shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- Winner chosen at random using a competition application with a built-in prize winner function where applicable. Competitions hosted on individual social media platforms shall be chosen at random manually. Startup Streams staff members can not win a prize. The prize winner will be notified by email / social media platform they use to enter if they win.
- Winner must abide by the product Master Resell Rights in order to sell the included products as included on our businesses, found here: https://startupstreams.com/pages/small-print
- Winner must abide by Shopify’s terms and conditions: https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms
- Details of the winner shall be displayed on social media and via email. Details shall be made public.
- Entrants who enter by email will be added to our mailing list but can opt out at any time. If on our mailing list, you shall receive promotional and marketing materials.
- No other brand or organisation has endorsed this competition, including Shopify.
- Multiple entries are allowed for social media competitions. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications of the Sweepstakes may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Startup Streams.
- There is no cash alternative. The prize can be transferred to another person at the point of winning, but only if details are supplied within 14 days of the closing date. After this time, any transfer of the store is the Winner's responsibility. Prize is non-refundable or non-exchangeable. Actual/appraised value of prizes may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Startup Streams.
- The prize can not be sold.
- Odds of Winning: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Any competition may be cancelled, shortened or extended for any reason with no warning at the discretion of Startup Streams. Startup Streams reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should virus, bug, non-authorised human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such cases, the Sponsor may select a winner(s) from eligible entries received before and/or after the action taken by the Sponsor if appropriate.
- Certain completion entry methods may be mandatory, others optional. These will be stated on each competition.
- The prize draw and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Acceptance of Rules: By participating in the competition, you have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules, Terms and Conditions as outlined above.
- Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ultimate Business Launch Checklist
- 100+ Easy Business Ideas Catalogue
- How to Start a Business in 15mins a Day
- 1395+ Micro-Influencers List
- 25x Free Marketing Ideas
- 100x Blog Title Ideas Template
- 14 Day Free Trial Of Shopify
- + 4 Other Resources...
^Instant download! You will be added to our mailing list to learn how to make money online. You can opt out anytime.
We understand that marketing is the one of the greatest hurdles to launching a business. This 1-to-1 marketing consultation includes a private 1 hour call at a time which suits you with our chief marketing advisor and you’ll receive a detailed action plan to market your new store based on the conclusions of the call. The results of the marketing consultation will be based on your budget, niche and experience. After the meeting; whether by Google Hangouts, Zoom, or WhatsApp, you will know where and how to get started with marketing your business.
You can cover:
1. How to kickstart your customer research, quickly understand who your potential customers are and what they are looking for.
2. Initial setup: What are the must do’s when you’re getting started to help ensure you’re capturing useful data from the get go that will result in immediate and long term success.
3. Strategic walk through of the platforms most relevant to your business, including Facebook Advertising, Instagram, Google Analytics and Google Ads.
4. Recommendations for campaign setup to help locate your desired audience as quickly as possible.
5. Pro tips on how to navigate the Facebook and Instagram algorithms to help accelerate learnings, clicks and sales.
About your marketing advisor:
Meet Daniel Loftus…
Digital Marketing, E-commerce/Lead, Google & Facebook Ads, Email Specialist
“I'm a Google & Facebook Blueprint certified digital marketer, holding a First Class Degree from the University of Lancaster with 5+ years of experience working both client and agency side. Alongside my own e-commerce businesses, I've worked with various multinational companies and high growth startups, managing digital projects, e-commerce websites and PPC advertising campaigns on both Google & Facebook, creating email strategies and implementing campaigns that drive growth.”